Malamed: Learning technology trends to watch in 2012

Connie Malamed describes eight technological trends in Learning Technology Trends to Watch in 2012. She explains how these technologies are being (or can be) used in learning environments, whom the technologies are used by, and what she expects of them in the future. The report is clear and easy to read; it reaches out to new educational technologists (such as me).

In general, although Malamed does not provide detailed accounts when explaining each trend, her overviews allow her readers to conduct their own follow-up research on the topic. For example, I was intrigued about the flipped classroom and therefore read more about it. For the more prevalent technologies, however, she does provide more details and examples (e.g. HTML5 and cloud development). Furthermore, since the website is set up as a blog, it allows her readers (some of which are educational technologists) to comment or voice an opinion about trending technologies which adds value to the website.

Overall, I recommend this report to those new to educational technology.

Resources:

Malamed, C. (2011). Learning technology trends to watch in 2012: The eLearning Coach. The eLearning Coach. Retrieved May 15, 2012, from http://theelearningcoach.com/elearning2-0/learning-technology-trends-for-2012.

Posted in: Uncategorized